Buying presents for small children can be a painstaking process, especially when it comes to the festive season. These days, many children prefer to play games on their smartphones, with physical toys becoming a thing of the past.
So if you want to get your children a toy that promises to stimulate their minds and knowledge, then we have the perfect solution - science kits.
Not only are science kits a great way for children to learn more about chemistry and physics, but they also come with everything your child needs to perform their own experiments and studies at home.
And while many people now associate science kits with older children, there are countless products suitable for younger demographics.
So to help you find the best one, we have compiled a list of the 5 best science kits for kindergarten and preschoolers.
In the following article, we will look at each product in detail, outlining its pros, cons and educational value.
So if you are interested in teaching your children while keeping them entertained, this article has everything you need to get started…
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
For the first product on our list, we have chosen this amazing science kit produced by the same company that brought us The Magic School Bus.
Featuring a range of additions and supplies, this kit can be used to teach small children about biological anatomy, as well as the inner workings of the human body.
When you purchase this science kit, you will receive a life-size poster of the human form and stickers that correspond to different organs, bones and limbs.
This kit also comes fully equipped with balloons, pipes and various other materials, which your children can use to perform their own experiments.
Thanks to this science kit, your children will learn about lung expansion and the composition of the human skeleton.
Like every Magic School Bus science kit, this product also comes with a book all about the topic at hand, which includes fun facts about the human body and how it works.
Ideal for any child with a penchant for biology, this kit promises to provide hours of endless fun for you and your little ones.
- This science kit comes with a range of supplies so that your child can perform the recommended activities listed in the manual.
- Each STEM activity has been developed by a team of Harvard graduates and scientists, which means they have met the ultimate test approval.
- The kit teaches children about the anatomy of the human body in a fun and creative way, covering topics such as lung expansion and taste buds.
- Some buyers have criticised the kit for its lack of instruction, with some describing the manual as misinformed and lacking in detail.
Food is an important part of our daily routines, which is why you should teach your child about the science behind food and its composition.
Fortunately, Scholastic has released this series of science kits, which covers a range of topics from the light spectrum to animal biology.
With this science kit, you will be able to perform a selection of fun experiments with your child, which showcase everything from a layered test tube to exploding marshmallows.
When you purchase this kit, you will be given a selection of scientific accessories, from lab trays and pipettes to funnels and measuring cups.
Every STEM activity in the kit has been specially developed by a team of Harvard graduates, who have made sure that each task is safe and secure.
The kit also includes everything you need to teach your child about food science, although there are some household items that you will need to supply.
Like every Clifford science kit, this product comes with an informative manual that details each activity, as well as a selection of fun facts about food and its composition.
If your child loves spending time in the kitchen, then they will love this kit, as it brings food and science together in a fun and creative way.
- This science kit comes with a wide selection of scientific equipment, which can be used to perform the activities listed in the manual.
- Each STEM activity has been developed by a team of Harvard scientists and students, which means they are safe and tested.
- The kit teaches children about food science through a selection of creative activities, which can be used to make rock candy, ice cream and much more.
- Some buyers have criticised this science kit for its inadequate equipment, which has been described as flimsy and cheap.
If you have been searching for a science kit that includes a range of different activities, then you will simply adore this product from Alex toys.
Featuring 20 STEM experiments, this science kit covers a range of topics from chemical reactions to composition and organic structures.
Spanning the spectrum of scientific study, this kit is a great way to teach your child about the foundations of the academic world.
When you purchase this kit, you will be given a range of scientific utensils, such as test tubes, mixing bowls and spatulas.
Capable of producing a colour-changing volcano, this kit challenges children to question why certain chemical reactions occur, helping them to learn more about chemistry and its various components.
This kit can also be used to make slime and transform red cabbage into crystals. With so many activities to choose from, this kit promises to deliver hours of educational fun for you and your child.
This kit also comes with a manual of simple instructions, which can be used to perform each experiment, making this one of the easiest science kits on our list.
Just make sure that your child is using the provided substances carefully and they will have everything they need to stay entertained.
- This science kit comes with a variety of scientific utensils, which can be used to make slime or create a fizzing volcano.
- The kit includes 20 different STEM activities, which help to teach your child about chemical reactions and the science behind them.
- Each activity has been outlined in the provided manual, which uses simple steps to ensure the effectiveness of each reaction.
- Some buyers have criticised the science kit for its size, with each experiment and reaction being relatively small.
Considered to be one of the best science kits for preschool children, this product comes with a range of STEM activities, which can be used to further your child’s education in a fun and creative way.
While this may not be the most advanced science kit on the market, the product makes up for its shortcomings by being safe, fun and vibrant.
When you purchase this kit, you will receive 22 pieces of scientific equipment, from funnels and beakers to goggles and test tubes.
However, one of the best things about this science kit is that all the utensils are made from soft and durable plastic, which helps to reduce mess and potential breakages. Each piece of equipment is also hand-washable and can be used again and again.
Unlike other science kits, this product appeals to small children by using visual learning to teach them about science, with the kit including instructional activity cards that cover simple STEM tasks.
Ideal for the festive season, your child will spend hours under the tree perfecting their tests and experiments.
- This science kit comes with a wide range of scientific utensils, which are all made from soft and durable plastic.
- The kit includes several STEM activity cards, which can be used to perform experiments using household items.
- Each piece of equipment is hand-washable, which means each utensil can be cleaned and used again.
- Some buyers have criticised this science kit for its lack of materials, however, each experiment can be completed using household items.
It’s no secret that small children love bright colours, so why not teach them more about this topic while also educating them on science and chemical reactions.
With this science kit from Galt toys, your child will be able to perform a range of different STEM activities, which all include colour in a fun and exciting way.
When you purchase this will, you will be provided with a selection of scientific tools, such as goggles, mixing trays, plastic cups and 3 plastic test tubes.
The kit also includes a 24-page full-colour book, which contains 12 fun experiments for your child to try.
These experiments include zany creations such as jelly crystals and can even be used to make your own rainbow in a test tube.
Not only does this science kit teach children about colour theory, but it also provides hours of educational fun, with each new experiment being a visual and educational experience that they will remember for years to come.
So why not fuel their love for science by purchasing this amazing kit today.
- This science kit includes several pieces of scientific equipment, which include goggles for extra protection.
- The kit can be used to teach your children about colour theory and chemical reactions, with each experiment using vibrant colours to teach the science.
- When you receive your kit, you will be provided with a 25-page book containing instructions for the various experiments, which include making crystals and your own portable rainbow.
- Some buyers have criticised the science kit for its cheap equipment, with some kits even arriving with pieces missing.
And there we have it, those were 5 of the best science kits for kindergarten and preschoolers.
We hope that you found this article helpful and that you will refer to it the next time you want to buy a present for your child.
- Show And Tell Toy Guide (All Letters!) - August 22, 2022
- 10 Great Inventors Books To Inspire Young Children - August 8, 2022
- DIY Bath Bomb for Kids – Fun Science Experiments For Kids - August 1, 2022